« Back to book list
Rubber • CO2 • Electric & Micro Radio Control
companion to Don Ross's immensely popular Rubber Powered Model
Airplanes now opens the world of Electric Power, C02, Micro R/C and
even Compressed Air, to beginner and expert alike.
explanations and graphics that break complex processes into simple
steps, anyone can become a better than average builder, flyer, and
competitor. This book will lead you from simple tools and techniques
right through to "state of the art" materials that will enhance your
model's appearance and increase its flight time 25% to 40% or more!
ISBN 0-938716-54-9, $19.95
"5¾ X 8¼", 240 pages
Here are some of the topics covered:
- ELECTRIC POWER — Charging, Assembling, Adjusting and Flight Trimming. Make an electric
Power Module that can convert from rubber power in minutes, right at
- EVOLVE from a simple, 28 inch span rubber model through Competition Rubber, Free
Flight Electric and finally... Micro R/C.
- NEW COVERING MATERIALS and techniques that are as light as
tissue but much stronger and easier to apply.
- NEW SCALE TECHNIQUES that can give your model that "professional" appearance so admired at
contests. Make your own markings and decals any size or color. Create
camouflage or lozenge patterns with plain tissue.
- FOAM SHEET and block
construction methods for scale models.
- NEW RUBBER TORQUE AND TURNS formulas that need only two strokes on your calculator to predict
- BUILD LIGHTER to reduce weight without reducing strength — a really simple way to get
longer flights and stronger models.
- LOST MODEL LOCATORS — what to buy — how they work
- GEARS — Do they help? A plan for Rubber Powered Contra-Rotating Props...
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!